JOB TITLE: Brewer / Beertender
LOCATION: Clearwater, FL
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salary
Pair O’ Dice Brewing Company is searching for a passionate, self-motivated individual that takes pride in brewing and serving great beer. Ideal candidate enjoys doing something different every day. This position will work closely with our lead brewer and tasting room manager and include responsibility for pilot brewing operations, cellar operations, packaging operations, quality control, safety, inventory, and beertending. Position is full-time starting with 20 hrs of brewery work and 20 hrs of beertender work with the potential of a full-time brewer position in the future.
BREWER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-functional, cross-departmental TEAM environment.
- Ability to develop SOP’s of specific beer process terminologies.
- Understanding of Brewing, Cellaring, Lab, Filtration, and Packaging processes along with an understanding of CIP, sanitation and sterilization techniques.
- Perform daily job duties including, but not limited to: CIP, malt milling, operating pilot brew house, wort transfers, yeast management, fermentation monitoring, filtration, carbonation, kegging, canning, general cleaning, and sensory analysis.
- Monitoring of individual batches and fermentation of individual tanks of beer, records batch performance and raw material quality & performance.
- Comfortable working with chemicals of varying composition and maintaining adherence to safety standards at all times during routine cleaning of brewing equipment.
- Must be able to work hands on at assisting and/or leading each unit of operation as necessary.
- Follow all company policies & procedures, reflect organizational core values and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times. Practice safe work methods and comply with wearing and using the proper PPE 100% of the time on the floor.
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk for 8-10 hour shifts. Must be able to lift up to 75lbs and move up to 165 lbs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BEERTENDER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a welcoming and inviting Pair O’ Dice Brewing customer experience.
- Educate visitors about Pair O’ Dice Brewing products, company, and culture.
- Maintain safe, clean, healthy, and sustainable tap room environment through daily cleaning and opening and closing tasks.
- Assist in executing events including bottle releases, tap takeovers, seasonal events, corporate meetings, private tours and tastings, catered events, beer launches and other events.
- Participate in off-site tastings and beer festivals/trade shows as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server®.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Positive outlook and attitude.
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments according to schedule.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the brewery.
- Work off shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Preference given to candidates who have worked in a brewery before.
Compensation will be based on experience and includes paid Holiday/Vacation/Personal Time.
Interested candidates please send an updated resume and cover letter to info @ pairodicebrewing.com with “Brewer / Beertender Application – (your name)” in the subject line to be considered for the position.